Friday, May 25, 2012

Customer Locations

I have always used quickbooks to track all of my business-related finances, but I recently signed up for a free service called outright as well.  I like it because it connects directly to my accounts associated with my business and generates useful reports with the information it collects.

One report I found interesting was the "sales by state" report.  Here's the map it generated:
This is just for sales in 2012, but looking back on 2011, I noticed that the same states seemed lower in sales.  I wonder why that is?  Does someone from Idaho, North Dakota, Montana or Vermont care to explain? I don't really care about having customers in every state, but I just thought it was interesting that the pattern seems consistent.  I wonder if there are fewer etsy buyers in general from those states?

No comments: